Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Surgery Day

I'll try to keep this updated as I get new info. They took him back at 8:30, we got to go back with him while they put him under. He was actually excited to go and not scared at all so that was good. He got to take hit blanket and his "battle force 5" cars. He didn't fight the gas, and drifted off easily. Surgery is expected to last 6 hours, until 230 or so. We should be getting phone calls every hour or so, so I'll update as it goes on.

12:30 pm:  Everything is going great, and they're getting close to finishing the actual surgery, but the process to close is about an hour. So as of now they're actually ahead of schedule, and we might be able to see him in ICU in about 2 hours!

2:00 pm: He's done! The surgeon said it could not have gone better! We're waiting for him to get up to ICU. 

9 comments:

  1. Taryn we are thinking of and praying for all of you here in Southwest Pennsylvania. He is an amazing little boy and we are all blessed that you share him with us.

    Amy and Logan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taryn, I just want you to know know that I am thinking of you today and will be praying for you family, son as well as the surgeons. I just found out yesterday that my daughter was approved for the surgery as well. In about a month at Childrens Hospital in Aurora. I would really love to talk to you. My email is karencasias@yahoo.com. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers today. Karen Lopez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts and prayers to you and ethan and your family today taryn! -lauraloo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad the surgeons are optimistic and that they think it went well. I am praying that this is the answer for Ethan's seizures.
    Ryan (Riley's Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found out about your son's surgery from a fellow blogger. My Dad had epilepsy from a TBI he suffered when he was 31. You and your families are in my thoughts tonight from where I am visiting, in Asheville, NC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to let you know that Ethan is in my thoughts. Sending love your way. /Monika(, a Doosemom from Sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came in to check and see how you all are doing. I'm just a viewer, I ran into your videos and YouTube and your family just stuck to my heart.

    Everything in the world I could possibly sent into the stratosphere that is positive I am doing so for one of the bravest little guys ever, and his parents.

    Take care and we are here for you checking in and hoping healing will be swift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying he did well and recovering quickly!!
    www.ourfamilyjourneywithchrist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete